Retirement Visa

You are here: Home » Retirement Visa

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-A” (Long Stay/Retirement)  
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an extended period without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.


Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application)

Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)

Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence

Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicant’s application is submitted

Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535


  • 1 – Validity of passport at least 1 year
  • 2 –Three (3) visa application forms and 3 passport size recent photographs
  • 3- Non-Immigrant “O-A” (Long Stay) Form

  • 4 –Copy of bank statement having in possession of annually income equivalent to Thai currency at least 800,000 Baht or monthly income 65,000 Baht. (assistance available)
  • 5 – In case attached copy of bank statement, the original reference letter from the banking concerned is necessary.
  • 6- Criminal Record from own country and country of permanent residence with validity of at least 3 months. Applicants residing in the United Kingdom will need to have a police clearance issued only from the Scotland Yard.
  • 7 – Medical Record proving applicant has never been infected with contagious disease with validity at least 3 months (in accordance with Immigration Act B.E.2522)
  • 8 – In case wishing to be accompanied by spouse, the marriage certificate will be attached. But spouse will be granted Non-Immigrant “O” instead of “O-A”(Long Stay)
  • Note : Documents as stated in 4 – 8 must be certified by Notary Public or from the competent authority concerned of the country of application.

“Millennium Law might be able to help with any concerns that you may have regarding the official acceptance criteria so please contact us with your concerns, we very probably have a solution.”

Show Comments