Things you need to know about the Thai Marriage Visa:
- a) Thailand Marriage Visa is the popular term for “1-Year Extension of Stay Based on Marriage”.
- b) This type of visa is issued to a foreign national who is married to a Thai and meets the other requirements of the immigration bureau.
- c) The Thai marriage visa holder is entitled to stay for a full year in Thailand without the need to exit the country.
- d) The visa is renewable every year and the renewal process can be done inside Thailand (requirements for the
visa renewal still apply).
- e) The Thailand Marriage Visa also allows the holder to work in Thailand when the visa holder is able to obtain a valid Thai Work Permit to go along with the visa.This is considered an advantage to prospective foreigner employees as the employer would only have to be concerned about the procurement of work permit.